Incredible Ayurvedic Secrets for Flawless Skin During Monsoon
Monsoon nourishes every living being on earth, the overall ecosystem with sufficient rainfall, still, it brings some serious problems with it.
Here are some of the important tips to take good care of your skin and health during monsoons:
- Drink a lot of water- Drink at least 8-10 glasses daily. Though you need to keep dry outside in this season to prevent skin problems it is important to consume adequate quantities of water to keep your skin hydrated.
- Avoid alcohol-based skin cleansers - You should avoid alcohol-based skin cleansers because it irritates and dries your skin. Instead use a herbal soap or cleanser regularly to get rid of excess oil, grime and dust, and of course to keep you skin free of bacterial infections.
- Use cooling herbs - It is beneficial to use the herbs that have cooling effects on the body (pitta pacifying) such as fennel, coriander seeds and Indian gooseberry (amla) for a glowing skin in monsoon. Amla helps to detoxify the liver and aids digestion - and is also a good source of Vitamin C and other minerals. One of the benefits of taking it regularly is a flawless complexion.
- Use Aloe Vera gel - Aloe Vera gel is very beneficial for the skin because it purifies the blood. Fresh Aloe Vera gel can be taken in the dose of two or three tablespoons on an empty stomach every day. You can also use fresh Aloe Vera plant gel on your skin - it has anti-aging, anti-tanning, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Take mild laxatives - A clean bowel movement is imperative for a healthy skin. Taking mild laxatives such as Triphala powder or other natural laxatives such as prunes, figs and raisins is beneficial if you don't have clean bowel movements. A teaspoonful of Triphala powder can be taken at bed time every night, with warm water or milk.
- Keep Dry - Getting a little wet or sometimes getting drenched is not uncommon when you are outdoors during the rainy season. However, don't let your skin remain wet for a long time while enjoying the monsoon showers. It is important to keep your skin folds and feet dry and clean at all times. Damp skin is a breeding ground for fungal infections.
- Wheat grass, a tonic for your skin - Wheatgrass is a tonic for your skin. It is helpful in boosting the immune system and helping you in warding off or controlling skin disorders in monsoon. A healthy immune system is reflected in a healthy and glowing skin. Wheatgrass is rich in antioxidants and is instrumental in detoxifying the blood.