Correct Way of Practising Mandukasana Yoga | Benefits of Mandukasana
Yoga is something that tones your body and prevents you from multiple diseases as well. There is n number of yoga poses that benefit your body in different ways. In this blog, we will discuss one such yoga pose Mandukasana and know how it benefits your body.
Mandukasana is a Sanskrit word that is made up of two words ‘Mundak’ and ‘Asana’. Mundak Means Farog and Asana Means Yoga respectively. It’s one of the important asanas which benefit the abdominal organs and remove extra fat from the stomach
Table of Content
Preparation of Mandukasana
- The yogaasan should only be performed on an empty stomach.
- Mandukasana can be done at least 4-6 hours after having a meal.
- It is recommended to practiced Mandukasana in the early day.
How to do Mandukasana
- Sit comfortably in Vajrasana (thunderbolt) pose.
- Make fists with each hand. Assure that thumbs are properly tucked behind fingers.
- Put your fists at the nevel.
- Take a deep inhale.
- Exhale, slowly bend forward and begin to press your navel with fists.
- When you bend forward make sure your chest should touch your thigh.
- Maintain this pose as long as you can.
- Withholding your breath maintain this pose as long as you can.
- Now come back to the thunderbolt pose with deep inhale
Time Spent in the Pose
Stay in the final posture for 2 to 3 minutes or as long as you can comfortably stay. You can repeat the steps 4 to 5 times.
Health Benefits of Mandukasana
- This yoga posture removes extra fat around your belly and waist. Helpful in weight loss and makes the belly flat.
- It enables the smooth functioning of the abdominal organs.
- It improves digestion power and is helpful for those who are having indigestion and constipation issues.
- It greatly benefits people with diabetes as it improves the functioning of the pancreas and helps in maintaining insulin levels.
- It Prevents heart diseases like attack, stroke, high cholesterol, and blockage of arteries.
- This pose helps in relieving pain in your knees, legs, and ankles.
- Relieves from Depression, anxiety, and stress.
- It helps in enhancing sexual power by stimulating sexual organs.
- Eliminate Colitis
Despite Mandukasana being easy poses, you must keep these precautions in mind
- Suffering from severe back pain
- 2. Don’t too much stretch adobnimal muscles
- Recently undergone adobnimal surgery, or having ankle injuries.
- People have high blood pressure issues.
- Avoid this yoga if Having diseases like ulcers, migraine