How To Do Naukasana - Boat Pose: Meaning & Benefits | A Yoga for 6 Pack ABS
It's possible that your busy schedule leaves you with no time for exercise or meditation. However, that doesn't imply you shouldn't monitor your health. Daily stress and anxiety can cause sadness, and inactivity can lead to medical illnesses.
Yoga helps you tone your body and protects you from numerous ailments. In the series of Reduce Belly Fat Yoga, today, we'll talk about the Naukasana yoga pose and its health advantages.
Table of Content
|1||What is Naukasana|
|2||How to do Naukasana|
|3||Health Benefits of Naukasana|
|4||Time Spent in the Pose|
What is Naukasana
The word "Naukasana" means "boat" in Sanskrit, and "Asana" means "Posture" or "Seat" in the same language. Therefore, this pose is known as Naukasana. This position is excellent for reducing extra abdominal fat. Naukasana is beneficial for people who desire to tone their abs and lose belly fat.
It is a little challenging to perform for newcomers. But with consistent practice, this pose is simple to master. In case of any difficulties, you can get assistance from several online yoga classes.
Different Names of Naukasana:
English name: – Boat pose.
Sanskrit name: – Naukasana. (Navasana).
How to do Naukasana
- Lie on your back with your feet together and your arms by your side.
- As you exhale, lift your torso and feet off the ground while extending your arms in the direction of your feet. Take a big breath in.
- Your fingers, toes, and eyeballs should all be lined up. Your navel should feel tight when your abdominal muscles tighten.
- Keep the position while inhaling deeply and naturally. Hold the position for a short while.
- Relax and slowly return to the earth as you breathe.
Time Spent in the Pose
Hold the final position at least for 30 seconds. Repeat 3–4 steps every day, but avoid going too far. When you initially start this yoga pose, your abdomen may feel a little sore, but as you continue to practice, you will be able to do this pose more easily.
Health Benefits of Naukasana
- It tones the muscles in the back, shoulders, arms, thighs, and abdomen.
- It significantly improves digestion. Additionally, it lessens gas production and constipation.
- The advantages of naukasana include enhancing the health of all the stomach's organs, particularly the pancreas, kidneys, and liver.
- This yoga poses help in the reduction of belly fat and the development of six-pack ABS.
- It improves the functioning of the pancreas, lungs, and liver.
- It maintains thyroid, prostate, and prostate gland functionality.
Precautions of Naukasana
There is a limitation on some persons executing the naukasana steps. As follows:
- People with low blood pressure, a severe headache, or a migraine, should avoid practicing this yoga pose.
- If you have asthma or cardiac issues then avoid performing this pose.
- Women should not practice the Naukasana pose during pregnancy and the first two days of their menstrual cycle.
- You should stay away from this pose if you have suffered from some chronic disease or spinal disorders in the recent past